Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Stretch

May 27, 2009 Wednesday
Yesterday morning when I was working out I was thinking about after doing all the strength training and the cardio it would be time to go up and stretch. Most of the people that come and train may do some preliminary stretching, just a little before they get on a treadmill or start lifting. I do a little bit before I workout but after my workout is done I spend up to 15 minutes stretching. I go to the upper deck at Northridge Fitness, where there is no one else usually, to do my stretching. Stretching can hurt some, but it is one of those hurts that feels good. It really feels goo after you are done. You see, it doesn’t matter how strong you are, how muscular, how cut, how buff, if you don’t stretch the muscles after doing all that work, you can’t use them. A muscle shortens when it is worked out properly; however, a muscle doesn’t perform what it was intended to do until it is stretched. You have to stretch before you get maximum benefit from your hard work. Those of you that know me know exactly what I am thinking. A person is not able to use their talent/gift, your muscle, until you are stretched. You can work and work until you are big and strong, but until you stretch that muscle you are not going to be able to use it. You will be muscle bound, of no use. Stretch yourself and move right into your destiny. When you are stretched you are able to do wonderful things with your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment