Thursday, May 14, 2009

Getting Smarter

May 14, 2009 Thursday
This week is over half over now. It seems like the clock was running backwards a few times yesterday. I don’t want to wish my life away, but I am so ready for next Friday to get here.
I am so amazed at how smart my students seem to be. I was listening to some of them talk yesterday and how they knew everything there is to know about life and college, stuff like that. I am sure that I was the same way when I was in the 10th grade. I remember that when I was 14-16 years old at how dumb my parents were. I was couldn’t believe how stupid they seemed to be. However, I must have been an excellent teacher, because by the time I was 20 they were two of the smartest people I knew. The things they were now telling me were dead on. As I have gotten older, I now see how smart my mom is, I taught her so well. I think now, if I had listened more when I was 14 or so, how much smarter in the ways of life would I be now.
Well, I don’t know exactly what the point is today, other than; I see how dumb I was when I was 14-15 years old. But nothing I can do about that now, except listen more and learn from those around me. I have learned that I learn better when my mouth is shut and my ears are open.

No comments:

Post a Comment