Sunday, May 24, 2009

I Know

May 24, 2009 Sunday
I had wanted to stay on the dream theme, but something occurred yesterday that I can’t get off my mind so I will say it now and get it out, and then maybe I can get back to dreams.
Anyways, I was at the Bama Softball Super Regional game yesterday, thanks for the tickets Coach Murphy, and there were some people talking and one person in particular was doing most of the talking. The thing that stuck out to me was that every time someone said something he would respond, “I know.” It didn’t seem to matter what they were talking about, he already knew it and would go on to tell how much he knew about it. I don’t doubt for a second that he is a very intelligent person, but didn’t show wisdom. The take that I have on it was this, wouldn’t it be just as easy to respond, “That’s right,” when someone make a comment? I mean that puts the credit or the crown on them, it makes them look like they are intelligent; it makes them look good and feel good about themselves. There is nothing wrong with saying “I know,” but be careful of the attitude when you say it. Don’t do it in such a way to belittle the other person. Don’t come across as, “Why are you telling me this? “I already know all that.” Tell them they are right. This makes us feel like we are important too.
I know all this make seem trivial to most, but it was just something that I couldn’t get past. May be that I have come across in an “I know” attitude. Not my intention and I will do my best not to do so, because of all people, I know I don’t know it all by any means.

No comments:

Post a Comment