Friday, July 17, 2009

Life is too short and too long...

July 17, 2009 Friday
I often say life is too short to be angry, bitter, mad, etc… also life is too long for those same things. Why we walk around with all that stuff tying us up and keeping us so controlled by all that I don’t know. I know that not everybody is going to be friends with everybody else, but why not be pleasant and peaceful? I hate it when I have to walk on egg shells around people because of what they think, what they may say, how they feel, and so on. Sometimes I understand, it is my own fault that they feel that way. Even if I have apologized and tried to make things right; some folk don’t want to make things right. Let it go is all I know to do. I am too tired to try to remember who’s mad at whom, who’s not talking to whom, who is offended and who isn’t. I have been all those things at the same time too. So I really do know how it feels to be all constipated on messed up emotions. But not any longer! Peace, grace, mercy, forgiveness are too good to live without.
A side note here. Five years ago this week my dad began a battle with cancer. Now at this same time five years later, my mom is beginning that same fight. We are much better prepared this time around. I thank you for your prayers; we are going to be just fine no matter the outcome. We will make it through this; for God is with us and I can’t ask for anything more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment