Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Can you hear me now

July 22, 2009 Wednesday
When I was at Open Door, one of the programs that I worked to establish was a mentoring program for the students. Mentoring is a lost art in a lot of ways. However, it is still around in some circles; although it may not be called mentoring, we still do it a lot these days. Who are you being mentored by? Who are you listening to? I am a firm believer in that we all should have a mentor and in time be a mentor.
There have been some awesome men that have taught me incredible lessons during my life. I can remember Tommy White, Johnny Waddill, Danny Steed, and Houston Broadhead, just to name a few. These men taught me things that I still use today. However, are there still people today that are pouring into our lives the stuff that we need to know? There are plenty of folk that will teach us the wrong things, that’s easy and anyone can do that. We need folk that will teach and model for us the right stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment