Thursday, June 4, 2009

Words

June 4, 2009 Thursday
Today is Melissa’s birthday. For those that might not know, Melissa is my wonder, awesome, incredible wife. She is the one that brings perfect balance to my life. God knew what He was doing when He put her in my life. For those that know me, you know that’s true. It’s great to be able to spend, not only her BD, but Gloria’s BD too, at the beach. What a week!!
I was thinking this morning about being a person of your word. When you say something, are those words good? Does it mean anything when you say something? The old saying, “You are no better than your name,” means a lot. Simply said, are you trustworthy? It’s more than just telling the truth or not, but do your words have weight? Is there any depth to what you say? Is there any meaning to what you say? I have really been checking my words. I am making sure that when I do say something it has meaning and weight. I want my words to have substance, not just to be fluff. Not trying to flatter people but to sincerely encourage folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment