Friday, June 12, 2009

No Place Like...

June 12, 2009 Friday
Had a great time with a good friend yesterday, we met for coffee at 9 and ended up having lunch too. It was a great time of talking about stuff, not business stuff, but just guy stuff. We don't get to do that enough.
One thing that I did get from talking to him was; finding your place. We talk a lot about findin your purpose, spouse, job, school, and other stuff. But what about finding your place? Place could have several different interpretations I suppose. It all depends on your perspective of who you are and where you are at in life. As a man, finding my place is a major objective, whether driven by the male ego or God; who gave us the ego, I don't know. What I do know is that finding my place in life is huge for me. Unless you are looking for your place in life this probably makes no sense to you, but for those of us that are looking for our place, you know exactly what I mean. I believe right now, without a doubt, that I am in my perfect place. It's like when stuff is going crazy all around you, but you feel safe; you are setting back and resting in the pocket, protected on every side. That is the security of knowing your place. There is no place like being in the pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment