Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Relationships Matter

April 21, 2009 Tuesday
I want to apologize for sending multiple messages yesterday. Sunday and Monday’s message was not received by many, so FB told me to resend them. I got mine at like 5 am. So I am so sorry, I know some get them by phone and it wakes you up. I am waiting now until after 8:00 AM to send them and doing my best for there to be no more multiple messages.
I had meeting with the Forerunner leadership last week. We discussed my teaching the Interns in the fall. His number one requirement was for there to be relationship with the kids.
I am so learning that everything comes back around to relationship. People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. I am seeing just how true this really is in life. It is in everything we do. Relationship is the basis for everything we do. At least it is for me. That is the hardest thing for me to establish; relationships. I am seeing that we have to build relationships it we are to establish anything of value. I desire to leave a legacy when I am gone and that requires that I have established lasting relationships. For some it is easy, for some it is not. But there comes a time when we have to put aside the things that don’t matter and build relationships with other people. When all is said and done I really believe that we will wish that we had taken more time to develop relationships with people rather than spending time dealing with the differences we had with them. Find the common ground that you have and build on it. We are all here for one another, so let’s start being here for one another.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly! Good words.

    It's what I do. I build relationships.

    In the affiliate marketing world/lead generation world I'm in -- Ive built many relationships over the past 10+ years.

    I love relationship building and its a huge part in my life, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete