Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baggage Claim 1

April 14, 2009 Tuesday
I was thinking this morning about airports and flying. I am not sure why, but I was. Anyways, I thought about having to go down to the baggage claim to claim your baggage. I got to thinking, isn’t that just like us folk? We go through all the motions of getting rid of all of the excess baggage we have, namely unforgiveness, only to go claim it back. And get upset when it’s gone!! We seem to like our baggage, our unforgiveness, bitterness, and hatred. We think we want to get rid of it, but as soon as we realize it’s gone, we rush over to baggage claim to reclaim our stuff.
It’s like I see people walking around with all this baggage with them, just lugging it everywhere they go. If you ask to help take it from them, they will fight to the death to keep it. Why are we like that? Have we become so comfortable with our baggage that we feel naked with out it? I have been covered with baggage and I have exposed without it. Being exposed without it was painful at first, but I like the freedom of no baggage much better. Lay down your baggage of unforgiveness and see how it feels. There is freedom to be experienced.
I want to thank those of you who have been inviting people to join A Walk… I really do appreciate it. It’s one thing for me to say that I would like for you to join, but when you ask, it really means more. Thank you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment