Sunday, April 26, 2009

Failure

April 26, 2009 Sunday
Yesterday was an awesome day; weather wise. It is getting summer time quickly here in Tuscaloosa. I was able to get out to the Alabama Softball Complex to see Bama and Auburn play. Great crowd, there must have been 3000 folk there.
While watching the game, I had a weird sort of thought. I had this overwhelming thought of being a failure. The thought of failure just came out of nowhere. I was looking at some the stuff that a friend has been doing for me marketing wise; the fan page, web page, email stuff, etc… The fear of failure can be paralyzing if we let it. I know it has done that to me more than once. The thought that I will be a failure as a writer was so strong. The thoughts that I didn’t have 1000 people reading my stuff now, that there wasn’t a demand to have me speak, all sorts of stuff like that just came flooding in.
But I am here to tell you that the fear of failure does not have the right to control us. This time before those thoughts could take hold and get me believing them and controlling me, I took control of them. It is times like that when you really find out what your life and your thought life are established on. I finally realized that my beliefs and what I trust in is greater than any thought of failure. My faith is established in what the Bible says and not random thoughts that I have or what the world throws at me. Your faith may be established on something else; and that is up to you completely, but if fear of failure or anything other fear is controlling you, then it may be time to take a look at your foundation. What are you basing your beliefs on? Your foundation is the most important part of your life. It is what you will build your life on. Make sure it’s solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment