Saturday, April 4, 2009

April 4, 2009 Saturday
I have been talking to people about transition and changes they have made in their lives. I have noticed one thing in common with them, including myself, transition usually brings on anxiety. I know that when I am not working or doing something and my mind is not going full out, I start thinking about transition in my life. Several times in the past few weeks it was more like an anxiety attack than anything. I would start thinking all kinds of things and most of them negative toward myself. Anxiety does not help me in any way. I would sense fear of things that were way over the top. Then I realized it that the fear I was experiencing was the ‘fear of’ just a thought. Not of anything in the present or the past, but of stuff I was dreaming up about my future. If I am walking in my destiny then there is no room for anxiety or fear. It’s not always a walk through the park but neither is it always a walk through the valley of the shadow of death. But even then why would I be afraid of a shadow? A shadow can’t do me any damage. A shadow can’t hurt me. I see that we do more damage and hurt to ourselves with fear of transition and change than the actual event.
Don’t let anxiety stop you from transition and change. If it is from God then you have no worries. If it isn’t from God, then I suppose it would be appropriate to have anxiety and fear. But if you are afraid to do something, do it afraid. What if I make a mistake? We will from time to time, but just turn around and do it the right way. What is the saying, “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself”. Relax and enjoy your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment