Friday, August 28, 2009

Teamwork

August 28, 2009 Friday
Well, its game day again. We head down to Gator Country tonight to play Clarke Prep. I haven’t been to a “Grove Hill Academy” game since ’82. A lot of memories have come back since I have been working with Tuscaloosa Academy, writing this book. I have learned a lot about myself in being around the sport again. I worked some with Jackson High School even after I had stopped teaching and working as an athletic trainer. I really have missed the sport and being part of a team. That was one thing that I was determined to do again; be a part of a team. We all, men in particular, want to be a part of something that is bigger than us. I have a desire to be part of a team. I love the concept of teamwork and accomplishing a common goal. The same is now coming true in my marriage. I am seeing that even more now, than ever before, that I want to be a part of something awesome and great. Marriage without a doubt is teamwork. It is crazy how we can’t see the obvious; right in front of my face. The old saying, ‘can’t see the forest for the trees,’ is so true in my life. There are things that have been right in front of my eyes and I just didn’t see it. Thankfully, the blinders have been taken off and now I am beginning to see things. As the Psalmist said, “I can see clearly now the rain is gone. Gonna be bright, bright, sunshiny day.” I am thankful for my sight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment