Tuesday, August 18, 2009

decision courage

August 18, 2009 Tuesday
We are still on the courage thing today. It takes courage to have hope and to change, but too it takes courage to accept responsibility for your actions. One way to look at it is to say that it takes courage to not make excuses. When we make excuses for what we do, we stop ourselves from change. I had a slogan on my board when I was at Open Door; Excuses stop Change. What I was saying is that when we make excuses we will not change our actions, mindsets, and such. When we have the courage to stop making excuses for why we do what we do, then and only then, will we change ourselves. We have to take responsibility. We want to blame our parents, our DNA, and society for the way we are. We are the way we are because of the decisions that we have made. Those other things are definitely influencers in how we are, but they aren’t the determining factor; we are the final say so in that. Have the courage to accept responsibility and stop making excuses, then we will become who we are supposed to be.

1 comment:

  1. Excuses Stop Change. I had never thought about change like this before. Your post caused me to reflect on what excuses, I have been using for things that I have not changed, but need too. Thanks for the insight.

    ReplyDelete