Friday, December 18, 2009

Start living

12-18-09 Friday
Today is 6 years ago that my dad past away. Now, I am not trying to work your emotions. True it was a sad day in my life; it was not the end of my life. One life here did end, but many of us that he impacted have continued to live on. Many of you never met my dad or knew him very well, but he does live on in many of us. I wish that I could tell a story like he could; he could imitate each person in the story and make it sound like it was taking place right before your eyes.
I learned a lot of my dad; especially in the last six months, when he knew the end was getting close and he wanted to get his house in order. He was a completely different person those last few months and he wanted me to realize that you don’t need to wait until the end to make things right. This is so true, because we don’t know when our end is coming. So all of this to say, let’s begin today to live our lives the way we should. Get our house in order so to speak. Make all your relationships right. Hold no grudges, no unforgiveness, no anger, and no disappointments. Let all that stuff go and hold on to what is good in your life. Form healthy relationships with others and with yourself. Start living today for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment