Monday, December 21, 2009

Birthday

12-21-09 Monday
I would be telling a story if I said today was not a special day for me. I have always been a birthday boy. I hope that is not being selfish on my part. I also always try to remember other folk’s BD’s too. It is your special day; only comes once a year, thank ya Jesus. This year is especially great because I get to spend it with my beautiful wife, cutie pie daughter Gloria, my mom, my Aunt Nora, other family members and friends that I will see here in Jackson. It has been a tough year in the Wimberly house, but we have held on to that peace I have been talking about.
I am seeing that if I hold on to peace and truth that I can walk through anything that the world throws at me. Even when I make the wrong choices and make mistakes in my life; I know if I will quickly get back to the truth; then peace is right there waiting for me. When others have done me wrong if I will quickly find the truth of the situation; through prayer and forgiveness; then peace is right there again. At this point in my life I am not looking for a quick fix or get success quick things; I am searching for the things that will carry me through life; peace is right at the top of the list.
Hope to see you today at Pine City Bakery in Jackson, 11:30-12:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment