Saturday, December 5, 2009

A good day

12-05-09 Saturday
I was so blessed yesterday to spend most of the day at Bryant-Denny Stadium at the Super Six. I went to see, my hometown, Jackson Aggies play Cherokee County in the 4-A State Championship. I had never seen so many folk from Jackson together at one time. The game was good, we lost unfortunately, but it was still a good day.
I watched the players, coaches, and fans as the game went back and forth. It was close the entire time. I was so proud of the way the team responded to what was happening on the field. They never gave up, never seemed to be complain or pout about anything. The coaches were awesome too; they encouraged when things went right and when things went wrong. The fans too, no bad mouthing or negative stuff that stood out. They stayed well after the game was over and supported the team.
There were a lot of life lessons to be learned yesterday if one was looking at from that perspective. There was far more than just a football game taking place. Boys were becoming men and men were becoming mentors and heroes. I learned that there is more than an Aggie Nation, but there is an Aggie Family. It is good to see this take place. We all need to see the bigger picture in life and put aside issues that cloud our perspective and encourage one another in spite of our differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment