Sunday, December 13, 2009

Reason for the season

12-13-09 Sunday
People are getting so stressed out; must be close to Christmas!! I used to always say, “Remember the reason for the season,” but I really see now that I still didn’t see it. What is the reason for the season? The birth of Jesus would have to be the majority reason. There are some that would have other answers, but Jesus’ birth to me is the reason. However, that is still not helping us, because we are so stressed out this time of year. It is sad really. If the reason for the season is the birth of Jesus, shouldn’t we have more peace, joy, rest, and hope this time of year? Seems like it to me. Whether or not you even believe in Jesus, are a Christian or not, attend church or not; it seems like we should have more peace, joy, rest, and hope during this time of year. Just a thought I suppose, but this year the Wimberly’s are going after those things and not the stressful things. We will see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment