Tuesday, September 8, 2009

yoga

September 8, 2009 Tuesday
I went to my first yoga class Sunday; it was pretty much what I thought it would be like. I liked it a lot and will be going back more often. The reason I wanted to go was for the stretching aspect, but I now see it was more than that. I was carrying all kinds of stress in my shoulders and back. I was more relaxed when we were done. By clearing the stress I was able to get the good muscular stretch that I was looking for. The thing is why we carry all that stress. Probably because life itself is just plain stressful, but does it have to be? Why do we carry all this harmful, muscle tightening stress? It would be so much more comforting and easier on our bodies if we didn’t have all this stress in us. We don’t have to take yoga to get the stress out, even though it’s fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment